Staggering Sales Statistics: Start Selling Smarter
- At least 50% of your prospects are not a good fit for what you sell.
- More than half of prospects want to see how the product works on the first call.
- Only 24% of sales emails are opened. 24%!
- According to Boomerang, an all caps subject line hurts response rates by approximately 30%.
- Subject lines get the highest response rate when they contain 3 to 4 words.
- Using social selling tools can increase closing rates and deal size by 5% and 35%, respectively.
- Emails that contain one to three questions are 50% more likely to get replies than emails without any questions.
- The best time to cold call is between 4:00pm and 5:00pm
- Retaining current customers is 6 to 7 times less costly than acquiring new ones
- 92% of salespeople report giving up on a prospect after hearing "no” four times, while 80% of prospects report saying “no” four time before they finally say “yes”.
- 85% of potential customers are not satisfied with their experience over the phone.
- Leads are 100x more likely to answer the phone if you call within 5 minutes of them submitting a web form.
- It takes an average of 8 calls to get in touch with a prospect following the initial contact
- Use your recipient’s name in the subject line and they will be more likely to open your email.
- According to buyers, the best ways to create a positive sales experience are:
- Listen to their needs (69%)
- Avoid being pushy (61%)
- Provide relevant information (61%)
- Respond in a timely manner (51%)
Although numbers don’t tell the whole story, they certainly help paint a picture about some of the best ways to approach selling. Remember, data, numbers and stats are continuously changing and improving – so make sure you do the same with your selling techniques. What works one year may not always work the next.
Stay relevant and discover the latest advice at the Northern Business Expo on 17th & 18th March 2020 at Manchester Central. It's the biggest business event in the North of England, and it's free to come along. You'll find sales masterclasses from some of the best in the field, and even a sales advice centre where you can ask whatever questions you have and find personalised advice. Aside from this you can network with thousands of business professionals, owners and entrepreneurs, listen to the amazing keynote speakers, and meet over 100 exhibitors. Just get your free ticket online now!